Be a leader in flight!
Ohioans: Show your pride in Ohio’s aviation heritage and aerospace industry with a “Leader in Flight” license plate!
The Wright Flyer image reminds motorists that Ohio is the Birthplace of Aviation—the state where the Wright brothers lived, invented and perfected the airplane. The space shuttle image reminds us that Ohio continues to be a leader in aviation and aerospace, home to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, NASA’s Glenn Research Center, and major aerospace companies such as GE Aviation.
Plates are available for your passenger vehicles, non-commercial trucks, recreational vehicles, house vehicles and non-commercial trailers. You can also order personalized plates (up to six characters).
The Leader in Flight license plate program supports NAHA’s efforts to preserve and promote aviation heritage. The state contributes $15 of every registration to NAHA; half of that amount goes to its license plate program partner, Wright “B” Flyer Inc.
Order plates online directly from the BMV.
- Go to oplates.com and click on “special plates”.
- Select the type of vehicle (other than motorcycle) and click “continue”.
- Scroll down the list of plates and select “Leader in Flight”. A sample plate should appear. Click “continue”.
- If you want a personalized plate, follow the directions to check the availability of the plate. Otherwise, select “I would like the state of Ohio to assign me a stock plate”.
- Continue the steps to order your plates.
Or, download an application form for your own Leader in Flight plates.
Help us spread the word! Download and print our flier (PDF document) for your office bulletin board. Want to include the license plate in your own design? Here’s a high-resolution image to get you started.