In 1910, seven years after their pioneering flight at Kitty Hawk, Wilbur and Orville Wright opened the first building of the Wright Company factory in their hometown of Dayton, Ohio. The new factory would be the first in the United States to be dedicated to manufacturing airplanes. But after Wilbur Wright’s untimely death, Orville sold the factory in 1915, and it became part of a large auto-manufacturing complex. More than a century later, the two original Wright Company buildings are some of the only structures left standing.
Read the article at History.com