See Dayton the way the Wright brothers did–from the seat of a bicycle. Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park offers Bike-with-a-Ranger tours. Here are the dates for upcoming rides:
Hawthorn Hill Tour
10:00 a.m. – noon
July 27, August 17
Visit the post-1914 home of Orville, Milton, and Katharine Wright. Learn about life with the Wright family, and Orville’s experiences in this historic home. Moderate hills.
Paul Laurence Dunbar Tour
10:00 a.m. – noon
Tour the final home of the famous poet and author Paul Laurence Dunbar, where Paul lived with his mother Matilda until his death in 1906. Explore the Wolf Creek Trail and sections of the Great Miami River Trail.
Huffman Prairie/Mad River Tour
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The ride will start out from the Huffman Prairie Flying Field Interpretive Center along the Huffman Prairie Trail (parking/restrooms available) to Deed’s Point and McCook Field and back along the Mad River Trail. This 14 mile round trip will also include a stop for a picnic, so make sure to pack a lunch.
– To register for a tour, call 937-225-7705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Registration is required at least seven days prior to each tour.
– Arrive 20 minutes before each tour for sign-in and orientation.
– Riders should be in good physical condition and feel comfortable shifting gears.
– Inclement weather may cause tour cancellation.
– Huffman Prairie Flying Field can close without warning because it is located on an active military installation.
– Participants must bring their own bicycles and personal gear, including snacks or lunch. Proper wear of helmets is required.
– Bicycles must be in good operating condition and are subject to safety inspections.
Hawthorn Hill Hawthorn St, Dayton, OH 45402